Tuesday, October 26, 2010


It's a windy, rainy day in A-Town and I'm sitting in my fav coffee shop feeling inspired to begin a blog, so here I am. I plan on using this as my journal. I am a mother of two little boys and a daycare provider so I always have fun stories to share.

This is my last full week of maternity leave--tear, tear. I have quite enjoyed my time off from working and would have no problem changing my career to Homemaker. That isn't in the cards right now, so I will savor my last days off. I'm a little nervous adjusting to working 10 hour days, running a business & caring for my boys and home. Little Shane isn't sleeping through the night and his feeding schedule is still every 2-3 hours. (The boy can eat!) With God on my side, all things are possible! I will need to start to ween myself from my daily coffee stops. I have felt pretty spoiled these last 9 weeks doing what I want to when I want too. I guess it's my reward for carrying my precious little boy for the past nine months and working up until the day he was delivered. (side note...next time I am prego, remind me not to do that) I am so thankful that I do not have to bring Shane to daycare; that was so hard to do with Logan. God has blessed me with the opportunity to run my own and I couldn't be happier. The few years that my sweet little boys will be home are that too savor.

I can't believe how much Logan has grown up--he's such a big boy! We just celebrated his third Birthday last week. He brings so much joy and energy into our home. From the moment he wakes up he is ready to go; I think his feet are running from the moment he gets out of bed. He reminds of Jack Jack from one of the Disney movies. It's been so sweet to watch him interact with his new baby brother. His names for his brother are "My Baby," "Peanut" & Shane Taylor. When Shane starts to cry in the car I can hear Logan sweetly say to his brother, "Peanut, it's OK. When we get home I'll take you out of your car seat and hold you. It's OK Peanut." He melts my heart! Logan is all boy and a total daddy's boy. He loves to do whatever dad is doing. You will often find him dressed up as a construction worker "fixing things." (Him fixing things, leads to Josh re-fixing them, but it's the thought that counts, right?) He also loves to play monster, football, baseball & wrestling. He is a huge fan of Frett Favre (Brett Favre) and re-inacts how he throws the football. He turns everything into a gun. For his Birthday he asked for a Pink BB Gun. We told him when he starts to go potty in the toilet then he can have one. Logan is very compassionate. He makes sure that everyone around him is included and actually is good at sharing. I'm constantly amazed at his memory and how he remembers the little things. Tuesday's (a.k.a "Naughty Boy Tuesday") he gets to spend time with his MiMi and Papa. He gets to be a part of MiMi's prayer group, shoot the BB gun, drink pop, eat M's (M&Ms) and visit KaKa (Auntie Erika & the Twins) and then gets sent home to his father and I. Logan also loves Toy Story. He's a huge fan of Woody & Buzz Lightyear. He received a Buzz Lightyear costume for his Birthday and loves to run around the house saying "To Infinity and Beyond," "No push my buttons, I'm a real space ranger!" Logan loves to help. It doesn't matter what Josh or I are doing he wants to be a part of whatever it is--cleaning the house, organizing the garage, making dinner, etc. I can't wait to see what God has in store for my son's life. I pray that one day (soon) he will come to know the Lord as his personal Savior.

Shane Taylor came into this world Wednesday, August 25th. He was 7 lbs & 9 oz, 20 1/4 inch and had a full head of hair! He has a very sweet disposition. He is a fabulous eater and started sleeping 4-5 hours at night the first week of life. He can burp and pass gas like a man and is already standing. He coos at us and has a great smile. It's so fun to have a baby again. I have been cherishing my one-on-one time with Shane. Snuggling and kissing him is one of my favorite pass times. A couple of weeks ago we brought Shane to the ER late on a Sunday night. He had spiked of fever of almost 103 degrees and was making a grunting noise. We had just returned home from our first family vacation in Duluth. The doctors ran tests on Shane and found out he had pneumonia in his right lung. Shane and I ended up spending the next two nights in the hospital. He has fully recovered and is back to his sweet self.

God has given me the most amazing man, Josh. We met my Sophomore year in college and the rest is history. He is everything, and more, that I prayed for. (I seriously had a list) I am amazed at how he father's our children. He is a great leader and my best friend. I am blessed to call him my husband.

Well, you have now read a little bit about me and my boys. I hope you enjoy my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment