Monday, November 7, 2011

A Month of Meals...

I have lead Josh to believe that I'm a sub-par cook...until I opened up the October issue of Real Simple and read "A Month of Easy Dinners." My transformation in the kitchen happened a few weeks ago when I was doing my weekly shopping. As I waited in line I checked out the magazine racks. One of my favorite one's is Real Simple. I of course bought the magazine and meal planning has never been easier. The magazine supplies you four weeks of meals and your shopping list for each week!

All of the meals I have made so far have been wonderful! My domestic divaness is shining through! Josh has been impressed and Logan has asked me who made the meal. I have always known how to cook, but I am horrible with coming up with new ideas. My grandma told us growing up, "If you can read, you can cook." I love these meals because I don't have to think about what to make. I also love that a lot of the recipes are cooking with fresh produce.

Real Simple has been so kind to post the month of recipes on-line..http://simplystated.realsimple.com/tag/month-of-dinners/

Recipes have left us with extra food almost every night. I am making food for 3 adults and 2 children. So far I have made the following recipes...

Salmon with Gingery Green Beans & Bok Choy
Tomato Soup with Roast Beef, Cheddar, and Horseradish Panini
Chicken with Potatoes, Bacon, and Cabbage
Tortellini with Buternut Squash, Mushrooms, and Fontina
Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes

If you are unable to find the recipe, let me know and I will email it to you.
Enjoy! I hope that these meals make your life more simple--it has mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment