Saturday, January 8, 2011

Is in over her head

I've been sitting at Caribou since 10AM (it's now 3:45pm) working on my book work for my business. I officially feel completely in over my head. I have put off all of my record keeping for 2010 until this week. I'm not asking for your sympathy because it's 100% my fault that I have just begun. Record keeping to me feels like pulling splinters out of your foot. I have managed to record the payments paid to me and have kept my receipts. I bought a book "Family Child Care Record-Keeping Guide" and have found it very helpful, but at the same time completely overwhelming. As I'm reading through the chapters I'm thinking of all of the things I needed to do last year when I first started my business and everything that I still need to do for 2010. I also am feeling stressed because this is something you have to do right, I don't want to mess with the IRS. One of my goals for 2011 is to do this monthly and not wait until the end of the year again. Or even better, would be to hire someone to do this monthly for me!

I'm calling it a day. My head feels like it's going to explode and I can feel my anxiety starting to build up.

I hope that each of you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We had a great Christmas and New Years! 2010 marked us starting some new traditions with my little family. The 23rd of December will be the day that we celebrate our Christmas. We had shrimp for dinner (per requests of Logan), opened presents & baked cookies for Santa. I started a tradition of buying my sons an ornament that represents something significant that happened during the year and they each get matching Christmas pi's. Logan got a suitcase ornament to represent our first family trip to the North Shore and Shane got an ornament for his first Christmas. This year also marked Santa officially coming at night to bring presents to our family. I bought a special plate for Santa's cookies and Logan said that Santa needed to chocolate milk, not white milk. Christmas Eve AM the boys opened their presents from Santa and stockings too. Logan claimed that he heard Santa---so cute.

Christmas Eve we went over to Josh's parent's house. We had a lovely meal, went to church (minus Shane and Josh. Shane had a temp and Croupe---poor little peanut), ate some more, opened presents and had a slumber party. Christmas Day we headed to Detroit Lakes to my uncle's house for lunch and then went to Wadena to celebrate Christmas. My sister Eva surprised us and came home for Christmas, she was supposed to come over New Year's. Her friend, Aleece drove her up and also spent Christmas with us. My other uncle, girlfriend and daughter met us at my parent's house that night. We spent the night (its a grandparent rule).

New Year's Eve was spent at home organizing our home. I love Christmas and truly thinks that it's the most wonderful time of the year, but I can't help get stressed about where I'm going to put all of the gifts that we receive. The boy's rooms were just a disaster. I could barely walk in Logan's room there was so much "stuff" every where. I was on the verge of an anxiety attack, but with the help of my darling husband we conquered it! New Year's Day we co-hosted a party at our house. About 35 people showed up, it was a great time. People arrived at 4pm and the last person left at mid-night. I decided that we need to have quarterly parties. I LOVE to entertain and to have people in our home.

Well, that was our holiday's in a nut shell. I should be back on track again with blogging weekly now that the holidays are over with.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Kelsi! Keep your chin up! You are an amazing daycare provider and God is going to bless you!
    Lots of love,