Monday, January 31, 2011

It's Been Awhile

I can't believe it's already the last day of January; where does time go? I thought I was going to be better at staying up-to-date, but have failed miserably. A few highlights from this month...
We spent a weekend in Fargo. We attended my dear friend Lindsay's little boy's, Mason, First Birthday Party. Lindsay and I have been friends since 4th grade, which translates into us being friends for about 18 years! We even roomed together our Freshman year and part of our Senior year of college. We also hung out with one of Josh's high school buddy's, Jesse, and got met his lovely fiance. Of course we helped spur the economy and did a little shopping too. I was excited to see that they have a Forever 21 and a better Baby Gap then St. Cloud.

The next weekend was Potty Training! Much to my dismay Logan blew my socks off! We began the training at 9:30AM on Saturday and he refused to get off the potty until he had pooped and peed! I loved his determination and persistence. I tried numerous times to get him to take a break, but he wouldn't have it. Finally at 11:30AM he had accomplished what he set out for. I have to give God the credit for his determination. I don't know too many three year olds what would willingly sit on the toilet for two hours straight. We had been praying about this for some time. The rest of the weekend went well, with minimal accidents. He is finally telling us when he has to go instead of us asking him. We use Pull-Ups at nap and bedtime. It's so nice not to have to change his diapers! It's fun to see a new found confidence in him. He's growing into such a big boy!

Last weekend, we ventured to Red Wing for a weekend of skiing at Welch Village with some sweet friends. This was the first time Josh and I had left Shane and only the 3rd-4th time we had both left Logan. My parents were sweet enough to take the boys for us. Originally there were supposed to come to Alex, but last minute plans my mom brought the boys (& Hunter) to Wadena.

We left Alex at about 6pm Friday night. We planned to fit all of us in one vehicle, but of course we had too many bags. So it was girls in one truck and the boys in the other. We arrived around 9PM to the cabin. It was so cute. It was nestled along the Mississippi. Our friend's Uncle went before us and had everything set up and lights turned on. We stayed up until 1AM, eating pizza and snacks, playing games and talking. Saturday we hit the slopes. I hadn't been skiing in about 4 years, but it was just like riding a bike. The temp was 25F with a slight wind, the snow condition was fabulous on most runs. I, however, did not dress warm enough. I was chilled to the bone! I ended up buying a new hat and neck warmer + toe and hand warmers. That night we had homemade soup and tasty bread. Again, stayed up until 1AM talking. Sunday we packed up and headed home. It was a relaxing and much needed weekend. It was wonderful to only have to be responsible for yourself. I definitely missed my boys, but I think Josh and I need to make more time for us, as a couple. I am so thankful for the amazing friends God has blessed Josh & I with. It's so nice to be able to be yourself and know that they love and accept you for you. I look forward to many more weekend getaways!

My last announcement...I never thought I would be this statistic; probably because I'm too prideful, but I was in despair and joined Weight Watchers! After I had consumed 14 cookies in a two day time span, I realized that my eating is WAY out of control. I really appreciate how it makes you accountable to what you put in your body. I'm hoping to reach my weight loss goals by March/April--just in time for the summer months!

No comments:

Post a Comment