Sunday, October 21, 2012


I made it Facebook official so I thought I better make it blog official...we are expecting baby #3 in April! We are really excited to be adding another little miracle to our family. We had been trying for a few months and when I found out in August that I was pregnant, I was actually in shock. July was  a stressful month since Logan had begun having seizures. We were making trips to the Twin Cities to see  a specialist to figure out what our little guy had. So not to be too graphic, but baby-making wasn't our top priority. I love how God works. I can say that this has been true with all of my pregnancies. Whenever I just let go of controlling when I am going to conceive, the Lord knocks my socks off and I conceive. I guess I just need to be reminded, often, that HIS ways are better then mine!! Kind of humbling!

I found out Sunday, August 5th that I was prego! We were heading home from Gull Lake and on the way home Logan asked me if I had a baby in my tummy--completely out of the blue. At that time I had no idea. When we got home, I took a test. I was waiting for the results to read "negative" so I didn't pay attention to it. (Earlier that week I had taken a test and it read "negative.") Much to my dismay it was POSITIVE!! I was in such a shock that I had to go for a run and couldn't even tell Josh. I had a chat with God and a good laugh--his timing IS perfect. I was trying to think of some cute way to tell Josh, but I couldn't wait. (This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.) He was really excited and shocked all the same. I think I made it three weeks without telling anyone cause I still couldn't believe it was true.

This little honey has already ran the Warrior Dash and competed in a Duathalon. I had already registered for the events so I thought I better follow through. It was brutal running in the beginning stages since all I felt like I was going to do was throw up---a big lump just sat in my throat. I am now in the second semester and feeling much better!

This pregnancy has been different then with my boys. I have been getting pimples, my hair hasn't been growing like a weed like it did with them and have had other side effects. I am so thankful to be over the nausea stage. I felt like all I did was eat, if my stomach was empty I was on the verge of throwing up. As much as I don't enjoy the side effects of the first trimester, its reassuring that the baby is still doing ok. It's bitter sweet really.

Last Monday I had a doctor's appointment and was able to have an ultrasound. This baby is wild and crazy, he/she reminded me of a gymnast. We will be finding out the sex of the baby, so hopefully next month it will be 100% confirmed!

Side note...Logan is doing great with his Epilepsy. Since he started his meds in July he hasn't anymore since August--PTL! We go back again in December for another check-up. Erika is home with her family! She is in remission! She is still very tired and has an immune system of an infant, but she is making great strides.

Life feels normal again. Everyone is home and all of the medical issues are under control. It's been so cool to see God's hand on our lives and to see how he has been in control the entire time. I am so thankful for my faith in HIM--he was and still is my sustainer of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment