Monday, November 5, 2012

a divided country...


The Marriage Amendment. This topic has stirred up a lot of feelings inside of me. I have been so upset over the misuse of God's word, my blood pressure has gone through the roof. People are passionate about what they believe in, but some people will twist and turn words to distort the truth. If you don't believe in God's Word or believe that it's not God inspired/God breathed then I don't expect you to believe the same as me. But DON'T use the word of God to debate this topic if you don't understand it. A lot of people have been posting Old Testament verses to support their "NO" vote. These people don't understand the context of the Old Testament or why God had such laws in place for that time. They also don't understand that God sent his one and only Son to earth, to die on the cross for our sins. Because of this selfless sacrifice we have been forgiven and follow the laws of the New Testament.

People have been using the debate that we are all sinners so because of that none of us should have the right to be married. (they are referencing the verses that say homosexuality is a sin.) They are right, we all are sinners but God defined marriage between a woman and a man. It's got nothing to do with what our sin issues are. If God intended us to be married to the same sex, then he would have figured out a way for pro-creation to happen, but it doesn't work that way. Homosexuality has been around from the get go, don't you think God would have said that it was Ok, if HE was OK with it?

I have friends that are gay and I love them. They are people just like you and I. Even though I care about them and love them I'm not going to re-define what God has already defined for us. This doesn't make me a hater nor does it make me intolerant. We will never agree with everyone's choices. I would never treat anyone unkindly based on their sexual orientation. God has called us to love one another.

So, the whole point of this post is to stand up for the Word of God. I know that we all differ on opinion and that's what makes us Americans. I have zero tolerance for people that misuse the Bible. If you want to vote "no" on the marriage amendment, please leave the Bible out of your debate.

Regardless of who you are voting for and if you will fill in the "yes" circle or the "no" circle, YOU NEED TO VOTE. This election is important--they all are. People before us fought long & hard to ensure the right for ALL Americans to vote; regardless of sex, race or color.

I hope that you will exercise your freedom, VOTE--Tuesday, November 6th.


No comments:

Post a Comment