Saturday, November 20, 2010

Crazy Week!

What a week I had, it was a whirlwind! I'm not even sure where to begin. The main event was hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for my daycare families. I feel it's important for the kiddos to practice serving others, just like Jesus did when he was here on earth. Throughout the week, we made decorations for our "Thankful Tree" went over job duties, talked about what we are thankful, etc.

Tuesday I did spin class for the first time in 2 years. It rocked my world. I spun for an hour, the first 30min was "climbing a hill" and the last 20 min were sprinting down it. I used to pride myself in never having the urge to throw up from a work-out, but Tuesday changed that. I was on the verge of running to the garbage. (I guess it didn't help that I had a latte right before either.)

Wednesday was crazy! It all began when my food program lady, stopped for a surprise visit at 8AM. I was in the middle of making breakfast for six little kiddos and Shane in my arms since he wasn't feeling. Immediately the kids start to act up and I knew I was going to be in trouble since I wasn't up-to-date with recording my meals. I became so frazzled I forgot to make the toast to go with the eggs, fruit and milk which my food program lady reminded me of. On top of that my of my kids missed the bus to preschool. School started at 9AM and it was already ten after. Thankfully my food program lady watched the kids so I could drive her in to preschool. At nap time I went and dyed my hair brown, so it's official: I'm a BRUNETTE! It was entertaining watching the facial expressions of my daycare parents and husband as they saw my new hair. After work, I went with the boys to the bowling alley for a Sertoma event, did a Target run and picked up extra tables and chairs. By the time I got home it was already 8:30PM. I was feeling anxious and overwhelmed. I hadn't even started prepping for tomorrow night's Thanksgiving dinner. Mary, my mother-in-law, stopped over and dropped off the pumpkin cookies and ended up helping me peel 10lbs of potatoes and made sure I knew how to make everything. Josh was helpful too, clearing out the living room and setting up tables and chairs. I hit the hay at twelve bells.

Thursday was the big day! My mom came to visit to see the boys. Once all of the kids arrived we headed to Caribou before we were ready to work hard. Caribou is motivation in a cup! The kids excitement was contagious. They thought it was so cool that the couches were gone and tables were set up, the "thankful tree" was upstairs with all of the decorations on it and the thankful poster was hanging. I had them help me make the fruit salad and decorate the tables. Josh came home to help me get the Turkey in the oven and bring me the items I forgot at the store. At naptime I cleaned the house, mashed the potatoes, cooked the ham, brewed the coffee, and made sure everything was in order. Once every was up we divided into two teams---greeters/coat takers and beverage order. I also had each guest fill out a card of what they wanted to eat so that the kids could "serve" their parents by bringing them their food. By now the younger kids are out of control or should I say overflowing with excitement! THe parent's arrived between 5:30-5:45pm, the kids did awesome! The food turned out (minus the gravy) and no one went home hungry. It was an awesome night of fellowship. I am so thankful for the awesome daycare families that God has blessed me with! They are the best!

Friday was my Birthday, I turned the big 2-8! My Birthday has a whole new meaning to me. Last year at this time I was mourning the loss of a baby. I was newly pregnant and was so excited for Josh and I to tell our parents that we were expecting again that weekend. The night of the Thanksgiving dinner for my daycare families I noticed that I had began to bleed. I immediately thought the worse. I went to the doctor the next AM and they confirmed that I had loss the baby. I was a wreck. I was only about 8 weeks along, but it still hurt. I now look at my Birthday as a celebration of another year of life and another year that my precious little baby is with the Lord---It's my earthly Birthday and the baby's heavenly Birthday. I decided to name the baby Morgan since it could be either boy or girl. I can't wait to meet him/her one day. I know that God sees the big picture and can trust in his sovereign plan for my life and my children's. This year, Josh took me out to Bella's for a romantic dinner. He also surprised me. Earlier this month I hinted to him that I would really like a heart rate monitor. He made it a point to let me know that he thought it was ridiculous and all of the exercise equipment have heart rate monitors. I was actually annoyed that he had such an opinion. When he got home from work he told me that my present wasn't ready and that I would have to wait until next week. You see, I have a love/hate relationship with surprises. I can't handle the anticipation of what it is and but love the surprise of opening it. I was really disappointed. I began to question him, "where did you buy it from," "when did you order it," "can you please give me a little hint?" He led me on to believe that it had bought me gifts from clothing and sporting goods store. I had no idea what it could be. On the way to bringing the boys to his parents house he took a corner too fast (on purpose) and this box fell down to me feet. He asked me to pick it up and told me to open it. It was pitch dark so I had no idea what it was. He did it, he had bought me my heart rate monitor and it was pink!!

The week was fast and furious, but so memorable. Again, I'm sorry for it being so wordy. I have hard time summarizing. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ok... I am officially in love with your blog! You and I have so much in common - I am NOT a big surprise girl either! Anticipation for me is like nails on a chalk board - God is teaching me patience each and every day :-) I must see a pic of the new hair! Don't you love something new!?