Tuesday, May 17, 2011

the tank...

My sweet little baby is now 22 lbs!! He's officially out of the car carrier and into a big boy car seat---rear facing of course. A friend of mine just had a sweet little girl, Finley Maryn, yesterday and baby fever was beginning to set in. I forgot how much I miss being able to hold my little Shane without him squirming to be set free. There is nothing better then holding your little one, gazing into their eyes, studying their faces and of courses smooching them! Shane is 8 1/2 months now and I can't believe how independent he has become. He's crawling everywhere, wants to feed himself, is showing signs of temper tantrums & literally runs in his walker--he already likes to chase cars and people going by and I'm not exaggerating! Now don't jump to conclusions I'm not about to start "trying" again, but I so cherish the first few months of my children's lives. It goes so fast, but you never get the snuggle time back; or at least not with my boys.

Logan is in a new phase--Mom, me going to marry you. When we are outside playing he is continually picking me flowers (dandelions) to save for our wedding. When I ask what I should wear he tells me my flower dress--the one I wore to church. He informed me that he's going to wear his Buzz Lightyear costume. Of course there will be a dance and Logan has been practicing! I try to tell him that I'm already married and I can only have one husband, but he doesn't care. He actually thinks I should have four! I think I remember learning about this phase of child development in my Psychology class in college. I think it was one of Freud's theories--one a child has an infatuation with a parent. The older he gets, the more glimpses of his sweet side comes up. He still loves to take care of his brother and wants to be my good helper. It's hard to believe he starts preschool in the Fall.

Life is going by too fast. Sometimes I wish I could hit the pause button. I'm look forward to making some new memories this summer. We have a family fishing trip to Canada in July, lots of weekends to be spent out at the cabins ( Ida & Gull Lake), camping at Carlos State Park and spending lots of time in the sun!

What do you have planned for the summer?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's so sweet about Logan wanting to marry you! And I love the outfits he picked out for your wedding. :) What a honey.

    ReplyDelete